pirmdiena, 2010. gada 22. marts

3.45 in the morning

Labrīt tauta saka pilots Tims!!!

Another week starts. 3.45 goes the alarm off & after 25 min in bed a fight with the sleep monster, that tries to keep me asleep has been won (though twice have slept just a bit too long... well ok.. once enough long so that the flight had another crew member instead of me. The other time that was the fastest ever getting to the airport. Woke up & in 40 min was already in the plane. Made it a bit before passengers came on board. Nope, not good.).

A lot of weird thoughts come in to mind when up that early. Kinda brain would work other way, like something else than it does usually on a normal day at a normal time. Remembering stuff & making plans like Napoleon. Fun in a way, if u don't forget them during first flights, then u can actually realize them later. Have to have time to dream sometime, if not enough time to sleep & dream together :)

THE Crew Buss

Since my car is at the service for a technical reason, had to use what our company offers - a bus that picks u up for early mornings. So arranged that yesterday. They called me in the evening & the conversation was kinda like this -
"Is the bus stop or some other corner (saying actually which one) is better to pick u up?"
"Bus stop would be perfect" i said.
"ok, 5.20 we`ll be there"

So, went out of home a bit earlier, so that wouldn't be late. U know, first time on THE buss, an adventure & something new. Have to be earlier to see what happens. So I'm there on the stop waiting... 5 min.. 10 min.. 13 min.. & at 5.33 the bus drivers calls with a question "so r u going to work today or not?!"
Which i reply "I would, if someone would pick me up"
"I'm at the corner, where r u?"
"what corner?? we arranged the bus stop... .."
".... what bus stop?!?" was the bus drivers reaction.

In the end he found me & i got luckily to work. Well, I just guess that's the way how the things here go. & even if ure sure u were right & understood everything correctly, they make u feel guilty that u wasn't there where they were waiting for u. Eh, whatever.

The world is how u make it.

Eh Whatever. Now it is eh whatever. If it would have been a situation like that i would be upset with a situation like that, with the misunderstanding. Now its just whatever. Everyone learns from they're mistakes. So next time if they don't make sure what happens, I will.

I remember my first flight. It was to Athens. First flight ever as a cabin crew. New to everything. Trying ure best, but so unsure. It was full plane on both ways. And on the way back to Riga most of our meals from Buy on Board were finished. A lot of angry & hungry passengers & impatient & tired crew. Keeping pointing on everything that's done wrong. Ah, what a bad feeling that was. Cried on that flight back home as never before when someone else had seen. When come to think of it now - nothing of what should be that upset. But back there - a trainee cabin crew, that none of the hungry passengers seem to be hearing, or maybe that they just didn't care (though usually passengers are very nice & understanding). Some bad jokes from crew side & the day is ruined. Nothing worse could be if a bad joke comes about what uve done there when ure already on nerves. Now - pff.. let it be :) Even if food finished - its not me who ate it all. I know ure hungry. I am too. But here, i can give u this form to write to our customers relations department. They ll try to fix it for the next flight. Nothing personal. Nothing bad. Everyone has they re bad days.

I love my work!


Broken plane.

Had to fly double flights today. Well.. Flew one, for the other one plane broke. So I got day off after the first flight & the broken-planes-flight-passengers-&-crew got to wait for the plane to be fixed or another available arrive. On days like this, when u rather be at home doing absolutely nothing than working hard all day its nice. too nice. I wish for a vacation of 3 months. I would find what to do. But by that time i would have started missing flying soooo baad.. :)


P.s. In a lot of hotels when u set up wake-up call for example at 3.20 in the morning, in stead of "Good morning" the wake up call wakes u up with "Good evening" .. nice to wake up when u know that someone else is just going to sleep :D

1 komentārs:

  1. Cool! I love reading your stories about work :) Looking forward to more. And ... I want to go and tell those angry passengers off :)

    AtbildētDzēst